I am posting this recipe because others really liked it. I’m not a huge Amaretto fan (not a big fan of the taste…makes me think of marzipan!) but I baked these for “A” night and they got good reviews. So if you DO like Amaretto, you will probably like these and they’re super easy to make.
2/3 cup slivered almonds – toasted (optional)
8 oz. semisweet baking chocolate
1/3 cup butter
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp Amaretto
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease 13x9x2 pan.
- Put 1/3 cup almonds in a food processor. Cover and process on and off until ground. Chop remaining almonds and set aside (I did not add the slivered almonds to my brownies).
- Melt chocolate and butter in 3 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining almonds, flour, sugar, Amaretto, baking powder, salt, and eggs.
- Spread batter in the pan and bake 22-27 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Amaretto Frosting and sprinkle with chopped almonds if desired.
- Cut as desired.
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp butter – softened
1 tbsp Amaretto
1 or 2 tbsp milk
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Spread evenly over brownies.
(recipe from Betty Crocker Cookie Cookbook)
- Chocolate, Coffee and Amaretto Tart (underthebluegumtree.com)